Why the need for a blockchain?
Blockchain is part of our technology stack and is used for a number of key reasons:
- Trust: Transactions validated “on-chain” cannot be changed later. This provides an elevated level of transparency and immutability.
- Efficiency: Smart contracts enable the replacement of many bureaucratic and administrative layers, which makes the solution much more efficient.
- Digital ID: Enables millions of users to obtain a digital identity, which alongside connectivity is vital to banking the unbanked and bridging the digital divide.
- Sharing economy: Node owners and operators are rewarded automatically through the tokenomics of the blockchain, enabling rapid growth of the network.
- Self-data governance: Gives users privacy and control over their own data.
- Community: Enables distributed ownership of our infrastructure, allowing for scalability and decentralisaton.
Last modified 9mo ago